[3830] Commonwealth VE9DX Restricted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 10 15:00:24 EDT 2008

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: Restricted LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  324  Total Score = 4,450

Started with SD but just could not get the swing of it so switched mid stream to
N1MM which I know better but does not do BERU so printed off log and did up the
score from the paper log.  Almost like the ole days.
Was amazed at how many VK6's I heard.  Many more than usual.  Hard path from
here being around 18,500 kms.
Heard a few on 10 mtrs - VP9NO, VQ5XF, ZS's come to mind.
Saturday evening the bands went totally useless.  After 01:37 I was only able
to work 4 stations on 80 - 40 was already history.  I did hear ZS3/G3LZQ later
on 80 very well but could not make myself heard.
As always thanks to all that called... 73 Andy (VE9DX)

Ran 30 watts to a low dipole on 80 and the HFV9 for the other bands.