[3830] SS CW NM2O(NM20) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 4 20:33:40 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NM2O
Operator(s): NM20
Station: NM20

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ithaca, NY
Operating Time (hrs):

My operation was just like Field Day. I got the FD box from work and put up the
80/20 dipoles. I highly recommend the Big Shooter. See the Sherrill Tree
equipment web page. It's expensive, and every club should have one. I was able
to shoot to 90 feet very easily.

My computer did not want to key the rig from CT, so I ended up opening many
moving boxes to find my old Vibroplex paddle. The paddle was sort of rusty, so
sending was a challenge. It makes me appreciate the automation allowed by CT.

The new location seems to work nicely. I'll be building a new station soon.
New York is on town government, so I'm working with the building inspector to
get a tower permit. My neighbor in the next town has an article in QST about
his adventure with the town just next to me.

Hearing the PVRC gang from 250 miles away was interesting. I've operated with
N4RV most often recently. Jack and NN3W used the station; hearing is believing
the big signal that I've operated so often.

Finally, I'm a big fan of WPX. The KT4 prefix is left in good hands of the
2x2s. NM2 is relatively rare, so I picked it up in 2007.

73, Ray
NM2O
ex KT4W