[3830] CQWW SSB AL9A SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 00:56:13 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AK

  160:    8     3        3
   80:   19     6        5
   40:   22     9       11
   20: 1348    32       73
   15:  120    17       29
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1517    67      121  Total Score = 640,140

Seemed like 40M and 80M were pretty quiet at this latitude.  I heard lots of
Europeans on 40M, but they didn't seem to hear me very well.  Probably a
combination of having to go over the pole and the din from all the other lower
48 stations ahead of me in the pile ups.  Biggest thrill came just 3 minutes
before the end of the contest when XU7MDY was spotted and I managed to get the
beam around in time to bag him!  First Kampuchea (Cambodia) ever! Come on sun
spots!