[3830] CQWW SSB K0TG(@W0LSD) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 17:02:57 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0LSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CO

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   17     6        7
   40:   83    18       41
   20:  326    26       87
   15:  105    19       42
   10:    0     0        0

We happened to plan a trip to W0LSD this week so the plan became to work the
contest a bit.  We arrived here late on Friday so missed that, then Saturday a
quick trip into town and missed the best of 20 that AM.  Good thing this was
not a serious effort.  :)

Had a good time on the bands and they seemed to be in pretty good shape, but
never heard anything on 10 meters.

I only was able to get a couple runs going.  It was mostly an S&P effort.
Tried CQing several times, but only got a good rate going a couple of times.

It was disappointing to hear many good mults on 40 that never listened up for
US stations.  I guess they thought they were busy enough but they probably
missed out a lot of what their competitors were getting.

Highlights:

I heard a lot of MWA signals on the bands out here.  Some I could beat out in
piles and some I could not.  :)  N0IJ was everywhere!  Some of the others I
recall hearing were:  N0KK, N0AT, K0OB, WB0TRA, W0AIH, K0KX.

Being called by YK9Y on 20.

The best one was getting fellow MWAer DL/N0HJZ in the log.  He is third from
the last in the log!  I was tuning around 40 and there among a pile of signals
was DL/??.  Listened a bit more and it could only be Rich!  He heard me on
about the 4-5th call.  Not bad considering the condx.

Lowlight:  Waiting for TR8CA to finally get to zeros and then he only takes ONE
zero.  N0IJ was the lucky winner of that one.  He finally got back to zeros
about 45 minutes later.

73, John  K0TG