[3830] CQWW CW 6W1RW(F6BEE) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Dec 2 15:21:07 PST 2009

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 6W1RW
Operator(s): F6BEE
Station: 6W1RW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Senegal

  160:   61    10       36
   80:  270    16       54
   40:  914    33       92
   20: 1195    37      112
   15: 1671    33      116
   10:  250    13       37

The pile up were always huge, sometimes wild thus getting slow.  SO2R is very
tough in these conditions (except if your name is José that places you in
SO2R2B - 2 Brains category !) S&Ping and bad 160m antennas certainly costs me
at least 700 QSOs. Another slow side of S&Ping is the many call sign repeats as
too many operators are not expecting a callsign starting with a figure instead
of a letter.
I hope the visits from mosquitoes at sunsets don't put me in Assisted
category.
Very few mains power outages this time, only 30mn on the generator on Sunday
night and I really appreciated.
The 160 and 80m bands were noisy both nights, 20m closed early and openend
early on long and strange path on Sunday morning and I was very surprised to
work A35KL and 5W0KH on 15m 3 or 4 hours after my sunset.   A short and very
unstable opening to USA on Sunday afternoon.
All in all, this contest will not be remembered for the good propagation.

Thank you to all the callers that made it into the log, sorry for the others.

The biggest thanks go to my wonderful hosts Daniel 6W7RP and XYL Murielle
6W7RX.

73 de Jacques, F6BEE / 6W1RW

Main station= K3+Alpha 99      Mult station= FT-1000MP + SPE 1kFa + A3S at 9m
KT36XA @19m, 2 el 40 @21m, 2 el inv-V wire beam on 80m @18m, low 160m inv vee
@18m, one K9AY loop (north)