[3830] ARRL 10 KY7M SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 13 21:36:36 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KY7M
Operator(s): KY7M
Station: KY7M

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: AZ

   CW:  255    45
  SSB:  103    13
-------------------
Total:  358    58  Total Score = 71,108

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Elecraft K3 and Alpha 76
Ant: 3 el. SteppIR @ 66 ft.

Not a pleasant experience until the last hour when we could hear the East Coast
for the first time all weekend. I picked up 12 mults in that hour ending with
VE2XAA a minute before 0000Z.  More activity on CW than phone it seemed and at
times I thought the MUF stopped at 28100.  I can't wait for the sunspots to
raise the flux so we can hear Asia and Europe again on 10 meters to make the
contest fun.

I have never experienced signal "drop outs" like I did this weekend -- I had
two different Illinois stations call me for a new mult and both times the
station was not there after I sent my report to them.  The flip side was
working every active station in the Western US on Saturday, finishing the W7
states with Nevada and Wyoming on Sunday morning.  At least I had a sweep of
something.