[3830] ARRL 10 K7RL SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Dec 14 15:15:31 PST 2009

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WA

   CW:  206    35
  SSB:  157    28
-------------------
Total:  363    63  Total Score = 71,568

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This certainly had the feel of a VHF contest with spotlight openings to various
regions.  While I was operating, the band never did open broadly, except for
perhaps the last hour of the contest.  That’s when I finally worked many new
mults on the east coast.  Most were pretty weak, but at least it was open.

Friday evening was mostly CA, AZ, UT, and NM, with the occasional MT, SD, and
WI signals - same for Saturday morning, when I had a few hours to play.   I
heard KD0S in SD almost the entire weekend.  His was the most prevalent skip
signal heard.  Also loud was W0AIH in WI.  I thought he was a local Friday
night until he signed.  After that, I never heard him again.

Thanks to all for the Qs and the fun.  Let’s hope next year is better.

73 de Mitch, K7RL