[3830] NA Sprint CW KL9A/W7 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 7 22:56:22 EST 2009

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KL9A/W7
Operator(s): KL9A/W7
Station: KL9A/W7

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Missoula, MT
Operating Time (hrs): :10

   80:   6      :10
---------------------
Total:   6     Mults = 1  Total Score = 6

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Got started at 0320z.  Realized I didn't have a logging program on the laptop
after my HD wipe last week.  Downloaded N1MM.  Installed in about 2 minutes.

Turned on the rig, high SWR on 80m.  Ran outside, radials unhooked again.
Still high SWR, but oh well, just use the tuner.  80m jam packed with big
signals!!

First qso at 0325z!  Last QSO at 0332z.  Was really wiping everything out (TV,
radios, internet, phones...) so I decided to stop in order to keep the peace.
Living in a duplex on 5 acres, with no room for antennas (or trees)!  Go
figure.

Heard a heckuva lot of states, but really only have a shot at W6.  Nice big MT
mountains in the way in all directions except SW.

Hope everyone worked MT!  :)

Rig: K2/100
Antenna:  DK3 screwdriver vertical ground mounted with 4 radials on 40-10, 2 on
80m.

-Chris KL9A