[3830] RTTY WPX K0WA SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 16 10:09:09 EST 2009

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K0WA
Operator(s): K0WA
Station: K0WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas

   80:  107   240
   40:  352   876
   20:  480   734
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total:  939  1850  Prefixes = 335  Total Score = 619,750

This was a very fun contest with excellent participation.  You could see there
were a lot of new stations on the air doing Triple Play.  In Kansas, the
Europeans were not strong and seemed to be satisfied working each other.  I
could hear them, but they would not answer me.  The Europeans who were looking
for NA contacts were very few...IMHO.  Heard the VQ9 very well, but could not
punch through the EU wall.  The K3/AL82/SignaLink USB combo was very good and
very stable through the whole contest.  I am always surprised and please what a
simple dipole will work on 80 and 40 meters.  Time was somewhat of an issue this
year, but enjoyed a nice dinner with my YL Valentine.

Very fun contest.  Thank you Ed....

Lee - K0WA