[3830] RTTY WPX N2QT SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 16 10:09:30 EST 2009

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA

   80:  311   868
   40:  440  1502
   20:  496  1246
   15:   71   147
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1318  3763  Prefixes = 572  Total Score = 2,152,436

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

About 30% higher score, with  8% more Q's than last year.
Running SO2R has really improved my scores and the fun
factor of the contest.  Sured missed 15M, as there wasn't
a lot of stuff for the second radio to do for a while.

I used in ear headphones for just about the whole contest and
really liked them compared to bulkier conventional headphones.

Thankfully the practice session Thursday night uncovered the
out of lock problem on my TS940 which was replaced with
another one.  I think the 940s are in need of replacement
as they don't have the close in receive performance to handle
stations stacked every 250 hertz as well as the FT1000.
(maybe trade all 3 of them for a K3 (?)).

I'm also tempted to get a more clever call to help in getting
spotted.