[3830] ARRLDX CW OL0A(OK1CZ) SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 07:00:26 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:

Total:  166    34  Total Score = 16,932

It was hard to keep awake during the second night, my head kept falling, so not
a full time effort.
I was using 25m vertical and the old FT102 + amp but no proper beverage RX
antenna, only a bent 130m unterminated long wire. Most stations heard on the
vertical hence I must have missed the very weak ones and obviously missing
mults.
About 15 mins was spent trying to finish QSO with W0AIH, I tried QRS, hand key,
countless repeats, but all but the correct combinations of my call were received
closest being OR0A and DL0A so finally we gave up without a QSO.

Anyway I enjoyed the contest, condx seemed good and ideas for station
improvement gained.
73!