[3830] ARRLDX CW K0UK SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 23 09:26:59 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 17hrs

  160:   10     9
   10:   11     5
-------------------
Total:  671   218  Total Score = 433,602

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Started with good steady run of JA's on 20mtrs with some South
American's showing on 15mtrs. 10mtrs at the started didnt hold much for western
Colorado. Went to 40mtrs off and on early with some mutls worked early. Picked
off the mults as they came up. Never really tried to get a run to EU. Just too
much qrm and even going high in the band. I found the RTTY going. Did this till
I started to feel the crud trying to get to me. Went to bed. Had about 6 hours
of sleep. Woke up not feeling really well. Went to low bands to pick up some
JA's on 40mtrs and some on 80mtrs.Looking back I should have done more 160 and
80mtrs. Then to 20mtrs about 1300Z just picked of the mults. Tried to establish
a run freq but not much coming back. Did this most of the day off and on between
honey do's. Had a good run of JA's on 20mtrs and few more coming in on 15mtrs
but not real runs on 15mtrs. 10mtrs showed spots but either I get there late or
no propogagion. 40mtrs,80mts and 160mts were good and pick up more mults. No
real runs tho except 40mtrs to JA. Went to bed with the intent of doing a all
day sunday. But decided that since I had missed the night its no big deal. Went
to church which is always good to Praise the Lord Jesus. Looking back going to
bed and getting a good night sleep help me break this crud before it got
started..
  Off and on sunday with some run of a few JA on 20mtrs and picking up SA mults
especially on 10mtrs.
 Well I heard W0UA on 20mtrs and I am thinking Geo. was at Chucks place, K0RF.
He beat my little tribanders into SA on a few hard to work stations. Hope Geo.
had a good 20mtr score. N2IC saw him spotted on 20mtrs and 40mtrs. I am
thinking Steve did a all bander high power. K0FX heard Don on 40mtrs early
sunday morning. W0ETT Prez heard him on 160mts. Oh here is a interesting deal
that happened to my FT1000D. While on 160mts. All of a sudden I couldnt get any
loud SA stations to come back to me. Not sure what happened but discovered that
my transmit signal had gone down 1KC. Had to set the TX RIT to -1.00. Then they
started coming back to me. Not sure how that happened. It must either be a soft
ware problem or something. I will put it on the Yaesu reflector to see whats
happening. Now I have two rigs to send back to Yaesu. Hmmm. I guess all things
break down over time.
  At the end I was getting tired and my crud was starting to come back on me
more. Went to bed early sunday eveinig. I am trying to stay healthy for this
trip to CA starting friday morning at 5am. Pray for good weather and road
safety.
 Ok another one in the bag. See ya after the trip to CA. My wifes Triathelon
race conflicts with going down to N6RO for sunday unless I can talk all into
letting me go. We will see... God Bless to all and bring a little peace and
grace into someones life today...PTL , bill K0UK