[3830] ARRLDX CW K9NW(@K9UWA) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 24 23:09:38 EST 2009

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: IN

   20: 1038   102
   15:  174    57
   10:    7     4
-------------------
Total: 2071   386  Total Score = 2,357,688

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I was originally planning on a single band effort of some sort but couldn't
decide on which band.  On the drive up I decided to do all bands and and then a
few miles later decided I'd run assisted as there were a few stations I had
particular interest in on the low bands.  Most of Friday night was spent just
tuning up and down the bands - basically DXing.  It wasn't til arriving quite
late into a very active 20m Saturday morning, after casually digging out as
much as I could from 40/80/160, that I got into "make QSOs" mode.

I should have tried "make QSOs" mode on the low bands more Friday night as
condx there were very good.  Saturday night there was lots of noise - I opted
to nap for a couple hours and see if things would quiet down a bit when the sun
started to rise across Europe (they did.)  The Asian opening on 20 Saturday
afternoon/evening was nice.  I broke away from higher rate EU on 40 to enjoy
working loud JA and others for a couple hours.

Short but productive 15m opening to EU (mostly DL it seemed) on Sunday AM.
Absolutely nothing heard on 10m til late Sunday afternoon.

Lots of fun.  Spent more time at it than I thought I would - and glad I did!

73, Mike K9NW