[3830] RTTY Roundup K7ON Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 6 12:11:00 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7ON
Operator(s): K7ON
Station: K7ON

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  739  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 14  Total Score = 51,730

I had some initial problems, before The RoundUp
with MMTTY settings.  MMTTY is a great program
and plug-in for WriteLog.  Unfortunately, I always
have problems with losing the setup parameters in
my XP configuration.  Initially, I had no audio going
into the demodulator.  I finally traced this to the device
selection setting.  In my configuration, the USB Codec
is Device 1 (not -1).

<http://k7on.org/RoundUp%2009/>

I probably make a lot of controversial operating choices.
In the area of band selection, I stayed on 15m nearly
all of Saturday.  I had difficulty working the High Power
guys on backscatter with my low power.

I am very pleased with my new low band antenna:
<http://k7on.org/End-Fed%20Antenna/index3.htm>

At 350' length, now, it does seem to work much better
than previous installations with elevated radials did.
I still need to improve the electrical connection of the
RF ground.  Where does one get large star washers?

In a nutshell, I was able to sustain "Runs" on both
40m and 80m.