[3830] RTTY Roundup K4RO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 8 06:35:17 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN

Total:  860  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 31  Total Score = 74,820

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I had planned to go full time in this one, my favorite RTTY contest.
Unfortunately my best laid plans did not work out, and I only got in
about half the time. Lots of antenna work was done the previous week.
I had a few troubles ironing out the software, as it had been a while
since I set up for SO2R RTTY operation. I was having trouble with S&P
contacts logging correctly, but I figured out a work aorund.

The activity was just tremendous. It seemed like every time I got back
on, there was an endless supply of stations to work. RTTY contesting is
definitely still growing in popularity. Best clock hour was 93, split
between 80 and 40 meters at 1300z.

DX propagation was again poor this year, but great NA activity made
up for it. Missed WY for the WAS sweep. Several AK worked. Strangest
call sign was 4A1DXXE.

Congratulations to all of the high scorers.  C U in NAQP this weekend.

73

-Kirk  K4RO