[3830] CQ160 CW NS3T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 20:50:37 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 511  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 30  Total Score = 125,994

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

You know conditions were good when I can get 42 Europeans in the log from my
little backyard antenna!  I'm sure the big guns will have some huge scores.

With a 12 day old baby at the start of this contest, there was no way I was
going to be able to do a big effort.  So I used the new kid as a human alarm
clock to make sure I made my way down into the shack after changing another
diaper and helping out in the middle of the night as the XYL fed the screaming
little guy.

I got on as much as I could both nights, but I had to sleep.  I got up around
0530z on Sunday and decided to just S&P hard for as many 10-pointers as I could
get from Europe and it paid off.  Five new countries made their way into my log
as well, so that was great.

My highlight was going to be my first zone 16 on 160 from Ukraine, but then I
finally heard Alaska on 160 for the first time in 27 years as a ham, and after
just a few calls, KL7RA made it into my log.  That was very cool.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts and hopefully I can squeeze out a few more
hours during the SSB weekend.

73 Jamie NS3T
http://www.radio-sport.net
Your home for ham radio contest news