[3830] CQ160 CW KV0Q Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 22:02:10 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KV0Q
Operator(s): KV0Q
Station: KV0Q

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 1211  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 73  Total Score = 634,128

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Friday afternnon I decided to get on a give out some contest qsos and to tune
around for new countries.  The conditions were the best I have experienced on
top band in 45 years of ham radio. Needless to say I spent almost 24 hours this
weekend playing radio!  The European openings at times were like being on 20
meters with strings of Europeans coming back to my cqs and the deep over the
pole Russians were quite workable both in the evening as well as in the morning
during the Ja runs.
I was so excited to hear Europeans coming thru I felt guilty by not regularly
tuning for mults, my qso total suffered accordingly.  The weekend conditions
spoiled us out in the western USA. It was nice to experience what the East
Coast stations have come to expect.

73s

Bill KV0Q