[3830] CQ160 CW AD5VJ Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 25 22:05:01 EST 2009

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AD5VJ
Operator(s): AD5VJ
Station: AD5VJ

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Weatherford, Texas

Total:  QSOs = 132  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 9  Total Score = 19,030

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Here are some of the highlights for me
and my little low power, wire station Hi Hi

Total Time on 7.38 hours

Thanks to everyone for the advice from our club in North Texas and from the Top
Band Reflector.

Well I knew the Butternut Vertical was not going to be effecient enough for
this contest. I tried to get an inv-L in the air but didnt make it.

Instead I had enough time to make my newly erected 80 meter dipole into a T by
working it from ground with my tuner.

For the first time in my life and I know this was good conditions on the band
that helped me more than my technical improvments Hi Hi

But for the first time ever, I worked some decent DX stations and could
actually hear more of them than could hear me, but thats ok, at least I could
hear them finally thanks to my new short beverage.

DX I actually worked and
almost fell out of my chair:

 France TM6M
Martinigue FM5BH
Mexico XE1RCS
 lots of Canada including an AB and a SK
The Isle of Man MD4K
Morroco CN3A
Ecuador HD2A
The Virgin Islands KV4FZ

So I must say I am very pleased this year and will be improving things here for
next year and we will see then.

I will say to anyone who is waiting to but up something for 160, stop waiting,
you will be waiting forever. On 160 you put something, anything, up and then
improve on it from there with allot of help from your friends.

Thanks for all here in this club who have given me some great insights into the
band and some ideas for improvment that were worth a pot of gold.

Bob AD5VJ