[3830] CQ 160 CW (CV5A)

Daniel Neves cx9au at montevideo.com.uy
Tue Jan 27 07:24:31 EST 2009

We regret not to have been able to leave in the CQ 160 CONTEST from CV5A IOTA SA-030.
We had problems with the lineal or that band and for that reason we don't place the antenna of 160..
IPedro 5BW listen during the competition with the antenna of 80 and I verify very good activity.
We had high level of QRN during the 4 days from our expedition to Isla de Fores and the propagation don't help. The bands that could be worked with but effectiveness was 17, 20, 30 and 40 mts, very poor 10 and 15, and the same 6 mts where alone we could made local contacts and I could listen with very good signals at morning the beacom of LU7YS with the beam to the south in 50060 but non other cw activity.
We also complete the objective of contacting mainly in digital modes in 17 and 20 mts.
In all ways and in spite of the bad conditions we are able to come with 5000 QSO's of the island.
We hope to be able to activate 160 in next activities of RGS.

73's and good DX
CX9AU

CV5A
Isla de Flores