[3830] NCCC Sprint K0TG(@K0TG/0) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 30 20:27:21 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 31

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: K0TG/0

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   0      0
   40:  10      9
   20:  17     11
-------------------
Total:  27     20  Total Score = 540

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I am operating this week from the north shore of Lake Superior (near Grand
Marais, MN).  I brought along a 4BTV vertical and set that up on a high rocky
point next to the cabin right next to the lake.

I only had 20/40 to use this week.  I did not really need 80 this week.  LOTS
of activity!  Missed more jumpballs on 40 than I did on 20 so that hurt.  Only
one mult less than last week but 3 QSO's less than last week.  All in all not
to bad from a portable operation.

Normally I am locked away in the basement at home and my Wife is not around me
while I am operating.  Being in closer quarters and her being a nurse, she
noticed that my breathing is a "bit strange" while operating.  :)  I never
thought of it, but I imagine it is as we go thru the 30 minute drill.  :)

Always great fun.

Rig (this week) IC-7000
Antenna: 4BTV

73, John  K0TG/0 MN