[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 30 20:30:17 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 31

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin

   80:  14      1
   40:  22     15
   20:  30     15
-------------------
Total:  66     31  Total Score = 2,046

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Had a wave of unsettled weather come through (almost no rain, however) several
hours before the NS started, and I was extremely disappointed to find S9 line
noise on twenty meters. If it's like this Saturday, I'm not going to slog
through the NAQP. I ran the Noise Blanker wide open on twenty meters, and could
hear the W1AW code practice transmission the whole time on twenty since they
were loud and the front end of the MP was crippled with the NB. Ugh! But
somehow I copied everyone for the most part.

Forty meters was really noisy.

Great activity, and thanks to the local gang for a little "Texas Fast Tango"
the last few minutes on eighty. Hey the "Seattle Shifty Shuffle" works, and we
tried it here. Lots of fun, but low on the mults! Lots of fun, however.

Most QSO awards to to:

8 W5ZL
7 K5NA
4 K3LR
3 K1TN, N8EA, K8MM, W1UJ, and N2NT

Tnx everyone, another big fun evening. Tnx to the 3830 guys for the support.

The SNS was active, but only the same crew, no new comers.

73, Jim N3BB