[3830] NCCC Sprint K1TN LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jul 30 20:30:20 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 31

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ

   80:   0      0
   40:  11      8
   20:  30     15
-------------------
Total:  41     23  Total Score = 943

Thanks for this event, I kinda like it.

I have a few questions about administration. These aren't gripes, just honest
questions. I am ignorant.

The scores from last week have not appeared on the spreadsheet. Isn't this
important at the very end of the ladder?

The scores from the two "off ladder" no dupe weeks, in June, never appeared on
the spreadsheet. Aren't these important to the powers that be in deciding
whether to switch to "no dupes" permanently come the next ladder?

Last week I submitted my 3830 form with the wrong final score, then corrected
it immediately. A corrected posting has not appeared on the 3830 postings (no
big deal) but I don't know if it will appear corrected on the spreadsheet (see
above). This might be important if I were competitive (which will be about the
time when pigs fly).

This was the second week for my new 4BTV vertical and it seems to work even
though I had a brain fart and made an error in installing it (grounding). That
will be fixed before Saturday.

Last Monday my Tree Wire fell down from a broken splice. I was going to try the
4BTV on 80 tonight (it does "load up") but never got down there.

The Condo Police have been around this week in their golf carts and I haven't
been evicted; maybe the paperwork takes a while.

I vote for No Dupes. I worked three dupes tonight and would have much preferred
three multipliers, or even one multiplier. Would NJ be too much to ask? We
aren't all in jail for bribery and corruption, y'know.

I didn't participate in the software survey because I log (and send the code)
by hand. If it's good enough for my Hero Danwa it's good enough for me. I only
QLFed twice tonight, both times sending JIO instead of JIM.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City