[3830] WPX CW LY9A SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 8 11:51:03 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LY9A
Operator(s): LY9A
Station: LY9A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Birzai

Club: Kaunas University of Technology Radio Club

Comments:

FT-1000MP, FT-990AC; 10,15,20m - 5el yagi monobanders, 40m - loop, 80,160m -
dipoles.

Two minutes of the Sunday evening made me feel very sorry that I did'n made
audio recording of the Contest. I was CQ'ing and working stations with quite
slow rates on 14103 one radio and was tuning 40 m band 2nd radio. At 1958z I
logged UR7R on 7005 and continued tunning up the band. On 7007 I found very
loud LZ8E and gave him a call. LZ8E answered other station and gave the serial
number 3778. Expecting for the quick QSO I've put the next number 3779 in to my
logging program and was waiting for the time to call him again. At 1959 LZ8E was
im my log, but You can imagine my surprise when I was given number 3791 while
expecting 3779. Those last two 40 meter QSOs took no more than 30 seconds! I'm
not new to the contesting and can assure, there was no any interrupts during
those QSO's, everything went very smoothly, there was no space to work other
two stations on other band or QRG. There was no time space even to work one QSO
in between puting up only one signal at the same time. Especially when exchange
is not very simple and it's not possible to log QSO dummy, when it's necessary
to listening for the report quite carefully.
Loos like LZ8E turned to some three heads and six hands monster during the
Contest!
I think LZ8E CQ WPX CW log would be a very good source of information for VE5ZX
and CT1BOH to continue their "Two Radio Event Signatures" research.

73! Gedas, LY9A