[3830] WPX CW YW4D(YV1DIG) SOSB40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 8 12:20:42 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: YW4D
Operator(s): YV1DIG
Station: YV4A

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Camatagua

   40: 1647

Fist of all thanks to who called and tried for a QSO, enjoyed a lot the
contest.

The first idea was pursuit the world record but Murphy show up a couple times
and almost knocked the door of my target. One hour before the contest the
FT1000 MkV failed and turned into QRP, only 30W ! not enough for the amp, so
turned to run the 1st night with barely 500w and just a few times pushing the
radio into mode A to achieve 700-800 just for a few CQ before the temp raise
too much on the heath sink.

The second night YV5AMH changed manually the amp configuration to achieve 1KW,
since then I was running smooth the EU's, at my primetime with JA a black out
(Murphy again) took me off the band for 45 minutes (as the record was at the
end of the contest just 4 mults or 40 QSOs away maybe this marked the end of
the effort)

Anyway great to see BIG score like ZM3A !! congrats for a remarkable effort!

Thanks to YV5AMH for his station and support (and his usual black donkey-alpha
amp-), to YV5JBI for his on site support with food, coke and coffee (for the
champion food too, wich is ussually a hotdog past midnight!.

I'm really happy on the performance even if the final target was not achieved,
there are still contest in the future to try again.

CU on the pile

Regards Paul YV1DIG