[3830] ARRL FD VE7NH 1E LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jun 28 21:13:36 PDT 2009

  903:    0     0       0
  1.2:    0     0       0
  2.3:    0     0       0
  3.4:    0     0       0
  5.7:    0     0       0
  10G:    0     0       0
  24G:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  500     0       0  Total Score = 2,000

Gen noise, plus construction generator noise, plus Power Line noise,
does not make for a happy camper.  If only it had been raining, this
would have cut down the Pwr Line noise and stopped the construction
work, therefore less noise.
Run most of the time with S$P, and 12dB of attenuation on the rig, with
the RF gain at half mast. 40 was quite good as was 20 but 15 was poor.
Most of the QSO's were from the W6 and W4 areas, midwest sigs weaker.
Got cold with my door open to let the Gen. power leads come thru, also
let some little critters in as well I see, so went to bed at midnite.
At age 81 and on Chemo treatment, this was a bit of a struggle, but hope
to last the 24 hours in the RAC contest next week. (Door will be shut).
Thanks to all the fellows who struggled with my call. CU...