[3830] Commonwealth VE3QAA Open HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 15 10:26:40 PDT 2009

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3QAA
Operator(s): VE3QAA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: Open HP
QTH: Ottawa

Total:  666  Total Score = 6,095

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Conditions not bad, considering the geomagnetic disturbance affecting
propagation,especially in the early part of the contest.  Unlike last year the
weather was great - clear skies, no precipitation and no wind. I found 80m
remarkably quiet, although this may have been due in part to my upgraded
Beverages. But I made the mistake of moving to this band a bit late. Apart from
this, I was satisfied with my band strategy this year, although at times there
was not much choice.

Used SDC logging software, which is specifically for BERU.  However it is not
optimized for producing great scores such as some of the other loggers.  Where
can I get these programs which produce tens or hundreds of thousands of points
for just a few hundred Q's?