[3830] WPX SSB AK4K(W4LT) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 19:51:30 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AK4K
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Tampa FL

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another part time effort, but great fun.  Spent a lot of time learning the
nuances of my new A3S.  Its great not to have to worry about blowing up traps.
My previouos TH3JR seemed to be tuned for Front to Back at the expense of Gain,
where this antenna appears tuned for Gain as opposed to Front to Back.  Seems I
dont have to turn the beam as much now, which is good, its much more broadbanded
and makes me feel louder.  But I get more QRM from the sides and the back than I
remember.  Life is a compromise!

Surprised to get a call from a ZL2 on 15 while pointing at South America!

Played a lot on 10, those 53 Q's were hard earned, most in Spanish to SA ops.
15 was quite productive as well.  20, as always, the bread and butter band.  I
could actually hold a frequency and run.

Fun, as usual, beat my last year score as well!

-lu-