[3830] WPX SSB VE7XF SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 29 19:55:26 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

I hate all the distortion and splatter, so I can't take SSB contests seriously.
Besides, my 40m dipole won't work above 7.100, and the 80m dipole is tuned for
the bottom end.
Had my usual fun hunting for mults between the S9+ crud from the neighbour's
plasma TV - you wouldn't believe how many hours a day they watch it!
Not a peep from Eu on 15m here on the west coast, almost nothing on 40.
I'll be ready for the CW section!

VE7XF

FT-1000mp MkV, Acom 1000, 3 el Steppir, wires.
Good ol' NA kept it all under control with nary a hiccup.