[3830] WPX CW KH7XS(K4XS) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 16:38:37 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KH7XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

   20: 1422

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Set out to break the old Oceanic record  set near the top of the last solar
cycle.  Mission accomplished by 1.3M.

Lots of Murphy before the contest, but he left me alone during the whole
affair.  AF knob fell off the K3 (again) fifteen minutes before the contest,
but luckly I had one to replace it.  Monitor crapped out an hour before the
contest, and was not able to get any form of SO2R going.

However, once the contest got going I really didn't miss having SO2R very much
as I was pretty busy.  Conditons were very good to Europe.  I worked several on
40 and even about half a dozen on 15.  Sunday morning before sunrise made me
feel like I was back in Florida.  Europeans covered 20 wall to wall with S-9
signals.

Is there an award for for the worst fist in the contest?  Several guys called
and called with nice signals, but I was not able to decipher any sort of
callsign from what they sent, even though they sent it over and over.  It
sounded like random dits and dahs no matter how many times they sent the
callsign.

Thanks to all who called in, especially those who gave me a mult.  See you all
in IARU.

By the way, I love my K3, even though the AF knob is a piece of crap!