[3830] WPX CW KY4F(@K4TD) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 18:27:33 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F, K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Alabama

   20: 1621

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks to everyone for the QSO's.  In some cases due to MAJOR QRN, the
calling station had to really work with us to get the QSO.  We really
appreciate the persistence.

We had a few station glitches (including the loss of an Alpha 87a), but overall
things went well.  Our major problem in this contest was the high QRN levels on
40 and 80.  The QRN level on both nights was incredible; forcing us to
concentrate mainly on 20M at night.  That was actually fun though as there were
plenty of EU and JA on 20 at night to keep it intersting.

Hope to see everyone in the IARU...

73,

Rick  and  Doug
K4TD   &   KY4F