[3830] WPX CW VE7XF SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 18:28:01 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: near Vancouver

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."
20m just wouldn't quit - sigs from somewhere day and night, mostly Eu, but very
spotty. MUF must have been near 14 Mhz - sigs were so strong.

Had to take time off because of power line noise -
gotta call the electric Co. tomorrow and beg for help.

Logging computer became unstable about 1/2 hour in, and lost almost an hour
switching computers and logging programs (from NA to N1MM).
(It wasn't the computers that took the time, but finding all the adapters to
make the switch.) I'm almost getting too old for this, plus the depressing news
about Cycle 24. The next one (if it ever comes) might be my last :-(

Ralph, VE7XF