[3830] WPX CW WC5T(K5PI) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 31 20:34:17 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WC5T
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't very well rested and so I made this a semi-serious 32 hour effort.

Conditions were better than expected.  I worked 40M hard on Friday night and
racked up quite a few 6-point EU contacts.  But I couldn't really sleep that
night and was pretty punchy when I got up to do the 40M JA run.  I ran more on
20M on Saturday night and the Russians just kept coming!  When the alarm went
off in the wee hours on Sunday morning, I just couldn't make myself get up so I
caught a couple hours more sleep and enjoyed the rest of the contest.

I ran 15 quite a bit and kept making quick jaunts to 10.  Signals were pretty
good on 10, and the openings were broad but the Qs just weren't there.