[3830] SS SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 23 17:13:58 PST 2009

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4SSU
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: K4SSU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

A handful more q's than last year. A much better start than last year left me
feeling pretty good at the 1st break up about 90 q's from last year at the same
time. Then there is Sunday. Sunday mornings have in the past been OK (compared
to the afternoon) but this year we received some heavy rain on Sunday and were
treated to some amazingly high rain static. 40 was especially painful and 20m
was not yet in the shape I needed, but was forced to go there vs. battling the
10 to 15 over static on 40. The rates suffered significantly as a result. Next
year right?

A few others have mentioned this, but I will also say the Sunday afternoon
doldrums were not that bad. Is that because I couldn't get much going that
morning?/;>

I was very encouraged to see a far greater turn out of recent cks than I recall
in recent years. That's sure a good sign. Also, isn't great to work the school
stations? Great to hear the W2PV callsign on the air again.

Ran into a bit of swine cultivating above 3800 Sunday night. Decided not to
dance that dance this year and just went way down the band and didn't stay for
long. 80 just didn't produce like last year.

Toughest mult? VI but eventually had a couple of them. I think I have only 1
Mississpi q in the log though.

Thanks to Dave and Gayle - you guys are the best!! 73's all - Brian NA4BW