[3830] Oceania CW VK6AA(VK2IA) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Oct 13 23:08:57 PDT 2009

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: VK6AA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK6ANC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Perth, WA

  160:    0     0
   80:  251   172
   40:  900   419
   20:  258   169
   15:  262   176
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total: 1674   939  Total Score = 7,325,139

Club: NCRG

Comments:

This trip was a bit more hectic than the previous ones with me flying in on
Saturday and flying back back just an hour after the contest finished on Sunday
afternoon – A big thanks to Andrew VK6IA for looking after me and risking a
speeding fine to get me to the airport in time...

Thanks to everybody for the QSOs and making it a fun event. The contest was
fantastic. Great scores from all over the place and congrats to all of you.

Looks like NCRG has set again a benchmark with 4 existing records in this years
OCDX combo beaten by NCRG members. Condx on 80 were great (NOTE: guys, please
leave 3,500 – 3,510 'split free' – there's others who also would like to
use a  QRM free DX window).  40 was good, too.  160 was not worth it and 10 a
bit of a write off.  15 generated good QSO rates but had to limit my time on
this band.

In general, good participation, but I'm hoping that more of our JA friends will
support us next year and help us to get through the 'dry' period during
daytime...

Good to catch up again with fellow NCRG members and experience first hand what
'continuous improvement' means at VK6ANC since I visited last time in July. I
sure must have the easiest job of all: fly to Perth, switch on the station and
play...

See you all in CQWW CW from Ham Heaven in Perth...
73
Bernd VK2IA/VK6AA