[3830] NAQP CW K9GY(K9GY/4) Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Aug 9 07:46:42 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY/4
Station: K9GY/4

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: VA

   40:  15      9
   20:  12      6
   15:  11      5
Total:  38     20  Total Score = 760

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #6

Comments:

Thanks to all who worked me and probably pulled my weak signal from the noise
floor, hah!

Was in FM27ac (scenic overlook near Kiptopeke, VA on Route 13) for the UHF
contest. After a half hour of no luck on 432 (did hear K1TEO), I switched over
to the NAQP. Made 13 Qs before deciding that the sun was pretty intense and the
radio was getting hot. Too bad I left the shade stand back across the bay, argh!

Drove back to Hampton, VA (with side trips to Ft Story and Virginia Beach) and
operated after eating dinner in the chow hall. Made the rest of the Qs from the
eastern end of Langley AFB (FM17tc). Ft Story had an interesting Navy
communication testing facility with some nice antennas.

Decided to use "ROVER" for the name since that was the initial reason for going
to the eastern shore of VA.

FT-817 (5 watts!) and Miracle (whip) antenna
http://www.miracleantenna.com/HamIndex.html

Mults worked:
40: CT, ME, NY, MI, OH, IN, AL, TN, ON
20: WA, AR, NM, TX, PEI, CA