[3830] CQWW CW 5R8WW(OH0XX) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Dec 2 22:30:58 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 5R8WW
Operator(s): OH0XX
Station: 5R8FU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Madagascar

  160:    2     1        2
   80:   34     9       23
   40:  655    27       74
   20: 1037    34      111
   15: 1867    35      115
   10:  460    16       59

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

5R8WW
Equipment:

K3 & ALPHA 91B (used @ 800W output according to its optimistic meter.).
Two antennas TH11 @15m and Butternut HF2V on the top of the roof with two
radials for each band 40/80/160.

Soapbox:

Thank you Ã…ke & co!

If anyone is interested in an exotic recommandable experience please contact
Ã…ke, 5R8FU @:

http://www.users.gotlandica.se/pu011206/madagascar/

Thanks too to 5R8X gang for leaving K3 and ALPHA 91B for my operation.

Madagascar seems to enjoy very special propagation pattern: excellent Asia
window in the morning and another amazing window to the Central and North
America in the evening at least on 15/20 under current conditions.

Unbelievable signal (579) on 160m from OH8X and later the signal from CU2X was
almost at the same level. In spite of hearing others, my signal didnÂ't get to
approriate level to their ears.

Thank you for the QSOs, all sincerely appreciated!

73,

Olli