[3830] ARRL 160 W0LSD Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 13:20:03 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 265  Sections = 69  Countries = 1  Total Score = 37,520

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

After struggling to work the ZL8X on 160 with a 80 meter dipole I decided it's
time to put up an antenna (inverted V) for 160. With the contest looming, I
figured it was a good time to give it a try. In a usually quiet neighborhood,
and just in time for the contest, a raspy S9 noise level appeared about 1 hour
before contest. Whether to operate assisted or not, was easy.. with 50 watts
the internet modem is taken out on 160. Not being a CW guy and not familiar
with 160, it sounded like 40 or 20 with the activity, although mainly stateside
for me. Missed ENY,NNJ, WTX and LAX for a stateside sweep. Not much of a score..
but a fun contest. Hope to see many of you in RTTY RU in Jan.