[3830] ARRL 160 KI7MT Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 13:23:10 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montana

Total:  QSOs = 825  Sections = 76  Countries = 10  Total Score = 141,120

First, thanks to the ARRL for putting on the event, and to all those who
participated.

This was my First ARRL 160M contest, and certainly learned allot. No RCV
antennas, which was definitely needed for any type of serious effort.

Normally, MT is a little thin on the contest participation, but not this time.
I worked 9 MT stations, and half those were non-7-land calls :-)

The goal was to work on improving my run skills (I did very little S&P this
time, 96% RUN / 4% S&P). I was not after the sweep or a monster score by
chasing all the DX stations. I missed the sweep by 4, VI, PR, NL and NWT. Heard
the VI station, but he could not hear me, which was odd, as I got PJ, FM, ZL etc
etc on the first call usually.

In any case, condx seem pretty good overall. I didn't hear to many DX stations,
and was surprised at the lack of JA's heard here. I pulled the plug about 2am
local on Saturday morning, as I had things to do Sunday.

Was allot of fun playing in this one, will be much better when the RCV antennas
are in place.

73's
Greg
KI7MT