[3830] ARRL 160 N6ML(@N6RO) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Dec 5 16:09:43 PST 2010

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: N6RO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oakley, CA

Total:  QSOs = 1152  Sections = 80  Countries = 23  Total Score = 266,049

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wire 4-sq + bevs, K3, AL-1200

Great condx domestically on the first night, but not so great DX-wise. Seemed
much harder the second night, but maybe because I'd already worked all the big
stations? There was a little EU opening around 0800Z - thanks to those who
persevered (notably F2DX) to get through to my weak ears, and apologies to the
ones I couldn't pull out. As usual, was spotted by several EUs when I didn't
even know anyone was calling. Some RX antenna work needed, as well as many
other projects. Many difficult JA Qs too, with weak sigs and deep QSB. 52 JAs
logged.

Nice to get the section-sweep. Thanks to VE8EV for getting on to represent NT.
Last US state was WV - W8OHT called in the early morning, and another WV
station 5 mins later. I ended up with 8 of them in the log! Finally worked a
LotW user from RI - NG1G. Really hope that Q doesn't bust, as it's the last one
I need for all-LotW 160m and 5-band WAS!

Non-ARRL DX mults:

AS: JA, HL, UA9
EU: CT, EA, EI, F, G, OH, OK, SM, UA
NA: C6, FM, HI, VP2M, XE, ZF
OC: FO, ZL8
SA: CE, P4, PJ2

Missed VP5CW, who seemed to disappear before our sunset. A couple of the EU Qs
were very marginal, so I expect to lose a mult or two.

Thanks, as always, to N6RO for use of the station...