[3830] CQ160 SSB KL7RA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 28 17:26:52 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ALASKA

Total:  QSOs = 225  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 9  Total Score = 62,208

160 was loaded with signals but getting anyone to hear me was a
challenge so I quit the first night early. Lots of noise the second
night even on the beverages but did manage a few hours of rate
working a lot of very weak stations. Tuning up the band on one
pass found a lot of Cqing but few getting answers and every one
was in my log so I doubt many had any record breaking scores this
contest.

No Europe worked and none heard.

The exchange was changed and KL7 is DX in this contest and we
give our zone. Many had problems trying to log KL7 as a state.

Try this all again next week for the ARRL DX Phone and hope to have
better conditions on topband for SSB.  73 Rich KL7RA  Kenai, Alaska