[3830] CQ160 SSB NR5M Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 28 17:33:30 PST 2010

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas

Total:  QSOs = 1037  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 34  Total Score = 234,426

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Now I remember this contest from last year!  First night's a blast (except for
the S9 power line noise on the North Beverage and the S5 noise on the NE
Beverage). Second night's spent trying NOT to fall asleep between Q's. Not
entirely the fault of the contest, however, as I don't sleep well between
"sessions."

My apologies to all those that suffered through what must have seemed like an
endless series of "again, again"'s.  Most of you up North were copied on the NE
or East Beverage and my hearing is NOT REALLY as bad as it must have seemed!

I sacrificed some rate this year due to the endless need for fills.  Good news
is that I worked more EU's this year even thru the noise.

Spent 3 hours after sunrise on Sunday and found 20 plus power poles that will
need attention from our local power company (soon, I hope).

For transmit, we are running a 3 ele (one driven/two parasitic) vertical array
switchable NE/SE/SW/NW (with all parasitic elements switched out for OMNI).

8 X 800' Beverages N/NE/E/SE/S/SW/W/NW for receive.

George, NR5M