[3830] TBDC VK6DXI Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Jan 1 22:50:58 PST 2010

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VK6DXI
Operator(s): VK6DXI
Station: VK6DXI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Near Perth

Total:  QSOs = 70  Total Score = 1,471

Club: VKCC

Comments:

For me condition were much better then last year.
At my sunset, 11:30 utc, 3.5 h before the contest I decided to check
the propagation on 160m.
I called CQ and a small pile up started right away.
I suppose many guys were checking propagation as well.
This went for fwo hours and I have logged almost
100 QSO.
It would have made a better score than with over 8h in the contest,hi.
Thanks to quieter band and DX- cluster.

I had fun and a great time. Worked many USA stations (what I could not
do last year). I had 2 x 37 pointers. W4ZV (18,296.6km) and N2CU( 18,149.9 km).
Also 15 QSO with 30 or more points.I even got answers to my CQ's. :-)

Operated around 8.5 h as VK6 has only 10h of darkness during this contest...
Worked two new ones: TF4M and JD1BMH
Band sounded like a beautiful music, with so many signals heard during the
contest.
Thanks to all for many great QSO's.

PS. Few days after the contest we had a large bushfire in area where my shack
is located. 40 houses were lost. Thanks to a great action by fire fighters,
fire was put out before it got to my place. Lucky this time.