[3830] NAQP CW AA9DY Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jan 9 22:20:48 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: AA9DY
Operator(s): AA9DY
Station: AA9DY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Westford, MA

   15:    6     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  277   105  Total Score = 29,362

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #7

Comments:

Was only planning on part-time, but managed to somehow pull-off 10hrs in the
chair for a full-time effort.  I think is the first time I have done that.

Again, after op'ing for awhile, I was getting into the CO detectors on various
bands.  Just disconnected them from the common trip line for the contest and
there was peace in the house.

Still running with my peanut whistle station consisting of my trusty FT-920 and
Acer Netbook computer.  I used a MFJ-1796 vertical dipole for 10/15/20/40, and
for 80/160, I used the inverted-L that I set-up for the 160m contest.

Aruba was pounding in like it was next door; worked them a couple of times.
And I actually got Alaska for the first time at my new QTH.