[3830] NAQP CW VE6TL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Jan 9 22:21:13 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary

Total:  199    87  Total Score = 17,313

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

A very part-time effort.  Band condx tonight were very poor here with plenty of
noise.  Mixture of S&P and running, neither very successful.  Tried out my new
BigIR vertical with autotrack feature.  It is very noisy on 80m, generating a
noise burst of about 3 seconds every time you tune up or down 10 khz.  Its nice
not having to retune on 80m but the noisy controller makes it a tough decision
as to whether or not the noise bursts are worth it.  The shunt-fed tower works
well on 160m but still very noisy.  I did hear OH0X on 160m for a few seconds
before he was engulfed by the pileup.  Only worked one VE6 on one band so it
looks like there weren't many of us - or I just couldn't hear them (quite
possible).

I'm sure condx will be better next year as I'm getting tired of hoping.

Jerry VE6TL