[3830] NAQP CW K6CSL Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 10 00:01:28 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA/SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00

  160:   0      0
   80:  13      3
   40:  40     23
   20:  44     31
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  97     57  Total Score = 5,529

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team 4

Comments:

Well, This a 6% improvement over the same event in 2009, but just 56% of the
2008 effort. This time I didn't manage anything on 160(which seemed to be
vacant0 and no opening on 10 or 15. On 80 the all but local stations were a
real pain, struggling through slow, deep QSB to work stations CO and NM. It
looks like, as described in this weeks ARRL Propagation Bulletin, that even
though there are some sunspots and a little higher solar flux that it is going
take a little bigger kick to actually improve the bands. This event was fun
anyway. I started thew first hour on 40, hoping to let the pile-ups work down a
little before going to 20. The 4th of 4 contacts there was Alan, KO7X up there
in the snow fields of WY, using a name "Ken", other than his own. So on to
looking forward to SSB next week-end. Bert, K6CSL