[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jan 14 20:22:15 PST 2010

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - January 15

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

Total:  38     23  Total Score = 874

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Have missed the last couple of NS. Found with a few minutes before the start
that my 80 wasnt working....so with tuner in line, was able to get about 40
watts out and a high SWR....better than nothing.

20 was quite interesting at a few minutes before the start. Tor called, and I
swung the beam around to see if he would peak on backscatter from the S or SW,
but it was direct...and sigs were weak as well water.  Worked a few of the boys
with the beam E and that seemed to be the best direction...but was SURE my beam
was messed up, but it wasnt. beamed S and worked Mork w/his QRP in CA..everyone
seemed 339-449.   not a single signal moved the S meter, until WD0T came rolling
in. Had a much better rate BEFORE the NS than during ! hahahah

40 was the usual mess of digital and everyone bunched up tight.

80 was tough. Heard many of the midwest boys but nary a reply. Got to fix that
sloper. Thanks to those that heard my inhibited signal.

160 was fun.

just a thought: The NS seems like more of a slog these days. I sure miss the
rapid fire machine gun Qs from before.  Maybe it will pick up in the spring as
conditions change.

73
DanWa K7SS

PRO2, Steppir 3 @ 48'