[3830] NAQP SSB W9KVR Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 17 21:24:06 PST 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W9KVR
Operator(s): W9KVR
Station: W9KVR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois

   80:   3      3
   40:   9      8
Total:  12     11  Total Score = 132

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team:

Comments:

First time doing the the winter version of the NAQP SSB.  Unfortunately, I
wasn't able to get on air until 01:28 UTC because of school obligations.  Once
there, I trolled 40m and got KL7RA as my first QSO, actually my first AK 40m
QSO, Woo Hoo!!  Things seemed to hit on all cylinders as I worked my way around
the band.  I moved to 80m, and well, things took a dive there.  I couldn't seem
to get the wire tuned for some reason.  I managed a couple of QSO's, but with
SWR's off the scale.  I didn't think that was good.  I played around some more
trying to get the wire to tune, but to no avail.  I worked one more station and
called it a night.  Should have went caving this weekend!!

I didn't necessarily burn up the airwaves so to speak (or maybe I did, hi hi),
but I did pick up a couple of new states on 40m SSB, so I can't say it was all
for not.

Thanks for being out there for those I could work and with a bit of luck and
work I'll get the gremlins out of the shack before next contest.

73!

-Troy
W9KVR