[3830] IARU KT8K SO Mixed QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jul 11 05:29:18 PDT 2010

                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: EN82cg Ann Arbor, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 20:07

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:   11      2      2       2
   40:  150      4     16      19
   20:  256     20     21      23
   15:   37      7      7       1
   10:    8      4      4       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  462     37     50      45  Total Score = 112,005

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I thought I'd just do a few hours, but it was too much fun to stop.  (I'm SO
glad I have an understanding and supportive wife!)  High points were working a
bunch of the WRTC contestants around 1500Z on 20m (20m was GREAT) and JT1CO as
well.  10m, 15m, & 80m were as expected, and 40m held up reasonably well. There
were a lot of skilled ops out there, and the HQ stations did a great job, still
punching signals through when bands were nearly out.

I had never entered this one before, but saw from the 2009 QRP mixed scores
that 100k points has a chance to put me in the top 10 in the class (at least
North Am.) and considering my wires in the trees, that's as good as winning for
me!  Thanks to all who strained to pull me out, and I hope everybody had at
least half as much fun as I did.  I don't know if I'll ever top this, but of
course it will be fun trying.  Best rs to all es 73 de kt8k - Tim