[3830] WPX CW N6WG SOSB15 QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Jun 2 12:01:46 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOSB15 QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This run was sort of an experiment.  I did a 10m only run last year,
so decided to try 15m only this year.  I did a great deal better than
I had on 10m, so reasonably pleased with the results.  Condx were not
all that I had hoped for, but I worked enough WPX to feel the effort
was worthwhile.  I stuck around into the late evenings, in hopes of an
opening to the South Pacific.  No joy this time.  Maybe another contest.

Setup was just my K3 at 5w and a 15m EDZ up about 40 ft, blowing East
and West.  Now that the contest is over, I'm working on a second
antenna that will favor JA and LU.  Not sure yet what to do about ZL
and VK direction.

Some things never change.  There were the really strong stations that
would never reply to a call, and others barely copiable that came right
back to me for a quick Q.  Overall, the standard of operating technique
seemed excellent this year.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.  Hope to see you on again.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude