[3830] WPX CW V26E(AB2E) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Jun 3 07:49:51 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: V26E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: V26E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Antigua

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first time in 11 years I was able to make it back to the V26B site
as V26E. I had a lot of unexpected rig problems (power supply burned out, then
backup supply kept tripping into standby every 5 or 10 minutes - not good
during a run. Finally used an old Kenwood supply which was there and turned out
to be stable). Got an emergency call Sun morning and had to head home. The
bright spot of the contest was 40m and 10m. A constant run of 6 pointers both
nights on 40 resulted in nearly 1000 Qs on that band. Decent opening to EU both
morhings on 10m resulted in almost 300Q in the log for that band. 80m was too
noisy,with 20 over 9 static crashes most of the time, although quieted enough
Sat night to make 100Q. All things considered, I'm very happy with my score for
what turned into a part time effort.
QSL via AB2E, and I will be uploading to LoTW when I get the chance.

73 Darrell V26E (AB2E)